Great Gifts to Get your Kids on Youth Day
As we celebrate Nelson Mandela youth day and honour all the young students who died fighting for the right to get equal education on 16 June, pride lingers. This is a day Mandela said a few young people can transform a nation and this year it comes conveniently on a Thursday. This long weekend is a time to spend with the kids and teach them about youth day in hopes of inspiring them. However, it’s also a holiday and requires some travel and gifts for those very kids. If you are able to travel internationally this June, do some duty-free shopping for the kids at King Shaka or Cape Town International Airports.
Here is what you could find to purchase:
- Accessories – red dot diamond sale is on in The Diamond Works. Buy anything from a trendy watch to a pendant, bracelet, hats and even scarves. If possible, buy those that have message flag colours on them.
- Toys – the Gift Shop has 10% off on all souvenirs, games, stuffed animals and all regular gifts. While shopping ensure everything is age-appropriate. Buy dolls and cars for toddlers and perhaps an educational tablet for older kids to learn and play games.
- Books – there are so many books in stores for kids – from story books to youngsters adventurous novels, teenagers’ appropriate novels plus educational books. Buy something that will teach them about life and their history.
- Clothing – even though you purchase clothes often, a new dress, belt or trendy pants will be highly appreciated during any holiday.
- Sweets – indulge them in chocolate, cake and sweets during this memorable day. Forget about the repercussions and let the kids enjoy themselves.
- Perfume – if you have teenagers, surprise them with the Big Five designer perfumes that are selling at 20% off. Teenagers are impressionable and love to be “cool”.
Travel gifts are specifically unique because they come with the memories of that trip and they are distinctive in nature. South African travel enables one to get great deals on world class items and enjoy amazing discounts in airport retail stores.